.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chronicles from a Caribbean Cubicle

11/26/2007

JaCSA Graduation Event

This past week I had the opportunity to speak to the graduates of the first Jamaica Customer Service Association Certification Programme.

It was a wonderful event, to be sure, and I was surprised to discover that I had become known for the work I had done to define what I call the "3 Levels of Service" that I had witnessed here in Jamaica.

It was a bit startling to be told that I was "the Frien' Service Guy" -- based on one of the three levels of service. They had read and assimilated the points had I made in that blog, and apparently it had become something of a mantra for them.

This was exciting, particularly as I remember when the idea hit me, and I thought it was something of a joke for me to share with my friends. I never imagined that it would be included in a class on customer service, or that students would be using the idea in such a playful, and innovative way.

I shared this with my wife, and noted how powerful it was to give away ideas. It gave proof to the idea that I have on my website that ideas are strengthened when they are shared (a concept taken from "A Course in Miracles"). There are many who think, as I used to do, that ideas are stolen when they are shared, but in this respect "I've come a long way baby!"

I was encouraged by some to turn the ideas into a book, which is something that I think I would enjoy doing. In the meantime, I'll be testing all the ideas here in this blog before fixing them up for "prime time."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home